Week 9 - Travel Demand Modelling
Lecturer: Dr Aruna Sivakumar
Aim and Learning Outcomes
The aim of this session is the continuation of Week 08 to provide an understanding of the role of transport planning and appraisal, with a specific focus on methods for travel demand modelling, and the use of the travel demand model in evaluation and appraisal of transport policies and projects.
View in Panopto
This particular session is about
- Understanding how the 4-step travel demand modelling method works, including the underlying theory
- Applying a 4-step travel demand model system including trip generation, trip distribution, mode split, and traffic assignment models, to forecast travel demand
Lecture and Lab Sessions
|9||Friday 10/12||Lecture 9||09:00-11:00||Online||Dr Aruna Sivakumar|
|Tutorial 9||11:00-12:00||Online||GTA team|
- Manheim’s chapter on transport modeling
- Representation of the demand for travel - Concepts and definitions
- Chapters 1, 4, 5, 6 from Ortuzar & Willumsen
Tutorial questions relating to the materials covered in this week’s lectures.